Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Messy Girl


I mentioned last week that Brylee started eating rice cereal.  I'm not exactly sure why, but this was a hard milestone for me!  I couldn't believe she was big enough to start eating real foods.  I know it's silly, but I felt like it was the first step to her not needing me!!  Up until now, she's relied solely on ME for food, but now my little girl was eating real people foods.  I almost lost in in the HEB aisle, but quickly regained my composure :)

Getting her to actually EAT the cereal is a whole other story!  It's so funny to watch her make strange faces as you try to feed her.  That infamous tongue just pushes everything right back out.  Although she hasn't quite mastered the process, she has come a long way from this...

3 comments:

admin said...

LMAO!!!! That was hilarious!! I know, last thing you want to hear, but try making it more runny with more milk...it's most likely the consistency that makes her push it out of her mouth. Remember, it's "foreign" to her, so that's a natural reaction. And her using her hand is a GOOD thing...she's associating using her hand to eat. YES...ALL KINDS OF MESSY!! But oh so cute & fun!! XOXOX <3

admin said...

Uncle Justin just laughed his butt off at your cute little self too Miss Brylee!! WAY TOO FUNNY!!! XOXOX

LALATEXAS said...

ahahahah. we bothe eat the same way!! she is so stinkin cute... i loved the part where she says something then sticks her arms out, gets mad and then spits. greatness :)